Friday, January 05, 2007

Where Do They Get Them?

Last week, Saddam Hussein was executed. I am embarrassed to admit that while I was watching some of the footage of him being led off to his hanging I thought "I wonder where they get fasteners from in Iraq?" Really, I did. I think this is closely related to the phenomenon we experience when we point out a particular fastener to our spouse or child and explain, "I sold that part", or "My company manufactures that part". We care, though the rest of the world may not. It is our gift for being part of this industry.

But back to Saddam and his hex head cap screws. Now really, where do they get them? Do they import from China? I don't know of any parts manufactured in that region other than a few parts in Israel perhaps. And, while I hear of large distribution companies having branches in Europe or Asia or even areas closer to South America, I never hear who supplies Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc. Is there a Bagdad Bolt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home